ACT-Authorized Accommodations Decision Letters include paragraphs explaining why an accommodation was not approved. However, those paragraphs may not always be sufficient to address a caller's questions and concerns. In situations like those, the phone agent may need to submit an Analyst Callback Case.
For State and District testing, we do not speak to parents regarding decisions. Only a school official may request a callback with one of our analysts.
We’ve changed the process for the analyst callbacks a little bit. The analyst team will be contacting the customer via email to schedule specific callback times. Here’s how it works.
Continue to create analyst callbacks, when necessary, after you’ve tried to assist them. In addition to PIN and other information we currently include it’s very important that the case contains:
- Best phone number
- Correct email address.
- Specific question they are asking (please include all their questions if more than one) - Remember that analysts will not discuss exceptions to ACT policy or Exceptions to deadlines.
- specific times of day that WILL NOT work for them.
Assign the case to the analyst callback queue . Inform the caller they will receive an email within two business days which they must reply to in order to confirm their appointment. If they do not reply the appointment will be released.
If a TC is calling back about a scheduled appt:
Find their salesforce case to verify their appointment time – it will be in the email that was sent -- and check that they confirmed via return email which should also be in the case.
- If it is after their appointment time, or they did not confirm, let them know you will submit their request again and remind them to watch for the email and to confirm.
- Change the case to Working status, post in the case when they called, and assign to the analyst callback queue.
- If it is not yet time for their appointment remind them of their scheduled appointment and assure them they will receive a call at that time.
Below is the email the analyst team will be sending to them: